Forum no.20: Sustainable Development, Concept and Application
- Dr. Yagoub AbdAllah Mohamed (HCENR)
- Dr. Saad Elden Ibrahem (HCENR)
* Needs for Sustainable Development (S.D).
* Requirements of Sustainability as: (vertical spatial linkages so that local, national and global policy development efforts and governance are mutually supportive).
* Economic disparity, overconsumption of resources, environmental deterioration, pollution and other challenges and constraints leading to lack of sustainability.
* Integration of the three pillars of S.D (Economical, Social, Environmental) and Rio principals.
* Johannesburg plan of action and MDGs commitment.
* Experience of the Area Development schemes (ADS), like attention to financial sustainability and Community ownership and control.
* ADS approach -sustainability in terms of environment, economy, society, culture and institutions.
* Sudan context: vision, analysis and action.
* S.D Process of implementation – environmental awareness at national & state levels and links with all other projects.
For Dr. Yagoub AbdAllah Mohamed Presentation Click here
For Dr. Yagoub AbdAllah Mohamed CV Click here