Forum no.8: The Climate Change and its Future Impact on Development in Sudan
Keynote Speakers :
- Dr. Balgis Alasha
- Dr. Merghani Ibnuof
- Dr. EzzAldeen Hammed
1. Definitions of Climate Change, Global worming and Green House Gases (GHG).
2. The processes of climate change.
3. Human and natural drivers for climate change.
4. GHG emissions in U.S.A.(The major polluter).
5. GHG emissions in the world by source (power generation, industry, transport, etc).
6. Negative impacts of climate change on Human and the entire ecosystem.
7. Significant change of precipitation, wind movements over the world.
Ground water recharges decrease in many areas and variation in fresh water availability is common.
8. Increase diseases load because of higher temperature and humidity.
Dramatic changes in Arctic sea ice (melting of ice).
9. Sea level rise, drought in some areas while more rain on others. This extreme climate directly affects the world food security.
10. Sudan vulnerability and sustainable development.
11. The international efforts to control global worming (UNFCCC, Kyoto).
12. Rio protocol and Sudan ratification.
13. Summary of GHG studies in Sudan and mitigation analysis.