Forum no.49: Solar Energy Industry in Sudan: Potential and challenges
Key note speakers:
- Dr. Nour-Alla Yassin, Researcher, Energy Research Institute, National Centre for Research
- Dr. Abdalla Mergheni, UNESCO/Cousteau Ecotechnie Chair Holder will chair the session and initiate dialogue.
1.Potential of Solar Energy in Sudan.
- Potentials ( Resources , Human capital Institutional, Private sector, Demands potential, level of electrification, Supply of conventional energy).
- Solar energy sources.
- Solar energy advantages.
- Technology advantages.
- Market potential.
- Potential for stand-alone systems .
- Potential for IPPs (Grid connected).
2.Challenges of solar energy industry
- Marketing Obstacles
- Technology Obstacles
a. Particular to Stand alone systems
b.Specialization required (no one-stop-market)
c.Possibility of grid instability.
3.Missing links (investors/ user perspectives )
- Investors perspective ( Feasibility, Risk, Aversion, ROI )
- Users perspective (Abundant, Affordable, Reliable)
- Market Failure and public goods (the solar benefits)
4.Collaborative Actions Required
- Support conducive to Solar Energy Industries
- Policy Required
For Dr. Nour-Alla Yassin Presentation Click here