Last March UNESCO/Cousteau Eco- Technie Chair UCEC released a call to the environmental sector in Sudan to celebrate the World Environment Day WED 2017 in June that many organizations, universities and United Nations agencies as well as the private sector respond to the call, which made it the fourth time for UCEC to initiate such celebration and gather this amount of organizations in one platform and for one purpose.
- Federal Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources
- Higher council of Environment of Rural and Urban Promotion
- UN Information Center UNIC
- UN Environment Program UNEP
- UN Development Program UNDP
- Sudanese Environmental Conservation Society SECS
- Nile Drums
- Khartoum Cleaning Campaign-KCC
- GIAD Company
- Future University
- Green Branch Organization
- El Zahf Alakhder
- SUDIA Organization
- Green Space
- Sudanese Biologist
- Wild life Conservation society
The main objective of this celebration is to raise the awareness of the community about the environmental issues facing Sudan and the world, and the sustainable objective is to establish a local environmental network.
The celebration started on 5th of June and last for more than Month, the activities included, Press Conference at Future University, Awareness tours cleaning Campaigns at Khartoum Green Yard, on 11th of July Student Ambassador for Environment Competitions and the closing event on 10th August contained 2days exhibit, speeches of the donors and the participants the program accompanied with music concert. Sudanese Female Cyclist Show at Nile Street on 16th of August.